A unique oral care brand for up-close situations Unlike the typical opaque, mint-flavored toothpaste of the time, Closeup debuted in 1967 as a clear red gel with a spicy cinnamon taste and mouthwash right in the toothpaste. A unique brand identity was developed, with Closeup positioned as the toothpaste that gives people confidence in those very “up close and personal” situations. Couples with bright smiles in very “close” situations were featured on the packaging, and commercials depicted youthful adults blowing kisses at each other. The idea of a toothpaste that could give them fresh breath, white teeth and, subsequently, a little extra self-confidence and sex appeal provided instant appeal to consumers. Over the years, Closeup briefly flirted with a few variations, from a green mint-flavored version to a trendy clear gel. In 2006, Closeup Limited Edition launch in Arabia redefined the toothpaste market with its unique new flavors: Choco-loko, Tangerine Burst, and Lychee. It brought excitement and life into the rather boring toothpaste category and helped the brand achieve record sales and shares. One thing remains constant: Close-up is still symbolized by attractive white smiles in very close situations.
- First toothpaste in US to combine mouthwash and toothpaste in one formula
- First gel toothpaste in the world
- The Fouride in Closeup called monofluorophospate
- Makes the entire tooth structure more resistant to delay. It also strengthens teeth, which aids in repairing early delay before the damage can even be seen.
- Closeup is the number 2 brand in the GCC
- SKU: CL893GR0SHTV1NAFAMZ
- NAFDAC No.: NA
- Product Line: Nicfead Cosmetics
- Weight (kg): 0.4